Commercial building owners are under the tremendous pressure managing day-to-day operations and are looking for ways to fund the energy projects that (1) uphold the health and safety of the employees, (2) improve comfort and (3) increase the company’s bottom line, year after year.
PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy)
Through local governments, PACE offers a long-term financing tool supporting commercial property owners to initiate renewable and energy efficiency projects. Property owners receive 100% upfront funding for the upgrades on their properties. PACE terms are generally 10-25 years and payments are collected through city’s special assessment taxes. Since it involves city/county, lender and contractor, it is advisable to start the process early.
- Project Eligibility
- Energy Analysis
- Underwriting and Issuance of Term Sheet
- Finalize the energy project
- Secure lender consent
- Finalize loan documents
- Submit PACE application
- Closing the PACE financing
- Completion the work
Michigan Saves is a non-profit organization that focuses on funding commercial and residential energy upgrades while partnering with the financial lending institutions in the State of Michigan.
Rates: Starting from 6.50% APR
Term: Range from 84 months to 240 months
Michigan Saves partners with DTE Energy or Consumers Energy to offer 0% APR on some eligible projects.
What can I use the financing for?
Financing is available for all energy improvements projects. Some safety related upgrades can also be included. Here is the qualifying properties and projects.
- Commercial & Industrial: hotels, hospitals, restaurants, office buildings & more.
- Multifamily housing: both market-rate and low-income apartment buildings.
- Agricultural: farms, wineries & more.
- Nonprofits: houses of worship, private
schools, cooperatives & more.
- Gut rehabs
- New construction
- Refinancing of any of the properties types
- Energy efficiency: lighting, HVAC, windows, insulation, roofing, caulking & more.
- Water efficiency: stormwater recapture, low-flow toilets / sinks / showerheads, greywater systems & more.
- Renewables: solar energy, wind energy, EV charging, geothermal, CHP & more.